Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Choosing my attitude

If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
Don’t complain.
-Maya Angelou

I want to spend this time to write about the power of choosing a good attitude. There are many wonderful resources indicating that attitude, especially, choosing a positive attitude, does make a difference in one's life. I found some great articles and suggestions at SuccessConsciousness.com . I especially liked their tip of using daily affirmations. This is something that I have been trying. In the morning, I have been telling myself, "I'm having a great day," and before bed I've been telling myself, "Tomorrow will be great." This was something also suggested at Toolstolife.com. I also am enjoying Think Simple Now's thoughts about having a positive attitude. What I'm reading there is helping me sort through and find meaning in a current struggle I'm having now. I particularly like the quotes from Viktor E. Frankl.

Everyday a new challenge and opportunity to learn something new!













2 comments:

~VP~ said...

Hey Rachie -- you've taken on a difficult job with issues that you inherited and now need to find a way to solve. You have every right to expect assistance and support in making necessary changes. Stress can cause the physical ailments you are experiencing. I applaud your determination to cultivate a positive attitude. Yet I would also caution you that it won't happen overnight so don't get discouraged. As you find solutions to the problems at work, your outlook on the job and life in general will also change for the better. Hang in there -- you're doing important work. Good luck!!
~VP~

Rachie-Babe said...

VP--thanks for your support!!!! I'm taking things day by day!